Knife Set: Western Chef & Paring— Texas Mesquite Burl & Copper
This knife set was made from the same chunk of steel and same beautiful piece of Texas mesquite — you can’t have just one!
if you mainly use a small chef’s knife and occasionally need something more finely suited to delicate tasks, this kitchen knife combo is perfect for you.
The 7” Western chef:
This is a great size for home cooks and professionals alike. Gone are the days where 10 & 12” chef’s knives are the standard. Safety, controllability, ease of sharpening, and economy of space all back up this 7” Western chef design.
The blade profile ground in a high rounded sabre. This gives the durability and cutting consistency of the sabre grind while rounding off the hard edges at the second bevel allowing for easier slicing.
- Blade: 1/8” thick. 7” long. 0-1 carbon steel. High, rounded sabre grind.
- Handle: Texas mesquite & solid copper pins. and lanyard tube. 4.25” long.
- Sheath: (OPTIONAL + $30) Vegetable-tanned, 7-8oz leather. Hand stitched with waxed linen thread. Solid-brass snap closure.
3.5” Western Paring:
A paring knife is an essential tool in the kitchen. Too often overlooked by home cooks, this fine slicer gets at all those tough to reach areas and delicate tasks that make your meals feel easy and the process of cooking a joy.
Redroot’s Western paring knife is known for it’s perfect Ergonomics in the kitchen. Combine this knife with the Western Chef or 5.5” Kitchen Utility and you can do just about anything.
If you like the narrow tip of the blade but want something a little bigger, check out the Western Petty as an option.
- Blade: 1/8” thick 0-1 high carbon steel. 3.5” cutting edge and and overall knife length of 7.25”.
- Handle: Stabilized, Texas mesquite & solid copper pins. 3.25” long, 3/4” at widest point. Finished in Danish oil.
- Sheath (OPTIONAL + $30): Quality 6-7 oz veg-tanned leather. Raw color with beeswax surface conditioning. Hand stitched with waxed linen thread.
This package includes handmade canvas bags with leather lacing closure, two 1/2 oz bottles of blade oil, and two 1/2 oz tins of our leather conditioner (with sheath purchases).
Ships razor sharp*