Bird & Trout Knife — Ambonya Burl & Brass
This bird & trout knife has elegant, classic lines reminiscent of yesteryear when there was time to watch the sun move through the sky for that perfect moment to begin casting.
The handle shape is designed for several hand positions, slicing both vertically and horizontally.
- 1/8” thick 0-1 high carbon tool steel
- 5” cutting edge at 23 degrees
- Full tang, rounded spine
- Not thin & flexible - meant for many tasks
- Razor sharp
- Stabilized ambonya burl
- Solid brass pins and liners
- Weighted for balance at top 1/4 of handle
- Natural 7oz vegetable-tanned leather
- Dyed with non-toxic Eco Flo dye
- Stitched belt loop
- Linen thread & beeswax
This package includes a handmade canvas bag with leather lacing closure, a 1/2 oz bottle of blade oil, and a 1/2 oz tin of our leather conditioner.